Skip to main content
#
Saved By Grace Church - Serving - Building - Growing

our twitterour facebook page

Pastor Joe and MaryHelen Martinez

- Pastor MikePastor Ruben -

- Poems -

Monday, January 27 2014
Complaining
Monday,  1/27/14   - [Complaining]
 
       Good morning. I hope this is the start of a great week for you. I also hope you’ll all join me as we take a five day trip on the C Train. How’s that for a corny, exaggerated start? Actually, the reason for the C Train reference is that this week all our topics will begin with the letter C. Today’s topic is about complaining. I bet every one of you knows somebody whose life is defined by continual complaining. You may even live with somebody who fits the description. If they do, don’t let them see today’s article, and if they’re standing close by, exit immediately. Mark Twain was quoted as saying: "Don’t complain and talk about your problems. 80 percent of the people don’t care; the other 20 percent will think you deserve them." All kidding aside, complaining is a serious matter and God’s Word has a lot to say about it.
 
       When God’s people left Egypt and started their journey to Canaan, their promised land, what should have been an 11 day trip lasted 40 years due to their continual grumbling and complaining. If nothing else, that fact alone is a clear indication that complaining will greatly impede people’s progress. And if God was displeased with His people for doing it back then, why would He feel differently with us if we do it today? Addressing that incident, Paul wrote:And do not grumble, as some of them did--and were killed by the destroying angel. These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us.        (I Corinthians 10:10-11)
 
       Complaining is the product of an attitude, that is, a mindset or way of thinking. In this case, it is the belief that God, the world, or someone owes us something. They don’t! I often suggest to our church members that they live their lives as if nobody owes them anything. This way when they don’t get anything, it won’t matter, and when they do they’ll be thrilled. If the Lord has convicted your heart because you feel you have complained more than you should, ask Him to help you. He will. And if you now realized that you just complain too much, period, why don’t you invite Christ into your heart today. Ask Him to be the Lord of your life and He will give you a new heart. Once He does, I bet complaining will slowly fade away from your life.
 
Memory verse for the week: 
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have : for He hath said , I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.(Hebrews 13:5 KJV)
 
 
Posted by: Pastor Joe AT 08:37 am   |  Permalink   |  Email
    Site Powered By
        BizStudio Site Manager
        Online web site design